Feeling bored and hungry? I have the perfect recipe for you!
- Preheat your brain to 1,000 °C by researching ANY swim calendar available online.
- Put a zillion ideas into a gigantic bowl, and fill with enough inspiration to cover.
- Stir together your urge for a challenge, your trainer’s advice and a cupful of sensibleness, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Shape into a temporary plan. Crumble some craziness over the top and sprinkle with a pinch of boldness.
- Bake over medium heat until evenly browned…
- No, no, no! Stop baking before you even get there! Remove and put back into the bowl. Add some last minute temptations, and repeat all over again – again and again – until your brain gets overheated, your kitchen is on fire, your bank consultant has hanged herself in despair and you need to call your trainer for an emergency intervention in order to clean up your mess and save the world.
Yes, for the last couple of weeks, I’ve been busy finalizing my brain-teaser of a season plan. Thank Mother Nature for having Susanne around! She’s a hell of a 911 service – and my very own Jiminy Cricket!
After spending a fortnight trying to make all the pieces fit together, I’ve managed to plot most of my goals into my plan for 2014. Besides a handful of longer solo swims with and without my wetsuit, I’ve made the somewhat reckless decision to take part in a 4-staged race in July. The swim is designed for teams of two swimmers racing together and I’ll be lucky to team up with my twin Thomas. The man is a doll! ❤
Objectively this swim is a big mouthful, but even partly done, I think it’ll be an awesome experience and a great opportunity for me to test my physical and mental endurance along with other experienced marathon swimmers. We’ll see how far we can get, keeping in mind that no challenge is worth getting hurt or losing my future commitment for.
Furthermore, I have signed up for a few classical short-distance races – Vikingesvøm, a swim across the fjord of Roskilde at the end of June, and Christiansborg Rundt, a loop around the Danish Parliament, right in the center of Copenhagen. Christiansborg Rundt is a very popular event with around 2,000 participants and many of my swimming buddies will be there too. This year, I’ll try not to punch any of them if they get in my way again during the race! I have a bit of a temper, as my friend Uffe will be happy to tell you after last year’s edition… 😀
Last but not least, I was hoping to enter La Traversía a nado El Río – a crossing between La Graciosa and Lanzarote in the Canarian Islands. I have signed up for it, sent my medical certificate and other required documents etc., but the organizers haven’t bothered to confirm my entry yet. Long live “la siesta”! So I’ve decided to go to Berlin instead and join my friend Uffe who’ll be running the marathon at the same time of the year. My time and energy will be much better spent supporting him! Last year, Berlin cheated on us both – in 2014 we’ll take her by storm! One for all, all for one!
So, no more cooking for me! My plan is set (for now 🙂 ) and I’ll stick to what I do best – burning calories in the open water!
Categories: Latest News